kde-config.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Tyler Hepworth TylerH at natr.com
Mon Jan 19 07:47:50 CET 2004

OS: Windows XP
KDE Version: 3.1.4
kdelibs version: 3.1.4-2
Qt Version: 3.2.3 gcc 3

I am trying to compile kopete-0.8rc1.  The configure script successfully
checks for Qt libraries and UIC is able to find KDE plugins.  It looks for
and finds the following files:

dcopidl
dcopidl2cpp
mcopidl
artsc-config
kde-config
meinproc
xmllint

I then get the following error:

configure: error: /opt/kde3/bin/kde-config --prefix outputed the non
existant prefix '' for kdelibs.  This means it has been moved since you
installed it.  This won't work.  Please recompile kdelibs for the new
prefix.

At this point, there is also a popup dialog titled:

kde-config.exe - Entry Point Not Found

and has the following error message:

The procedure entry point _ZN11QStringData10deleteSelfEv could not be
located in the dynamic link library cygqt-mt-3.dll

Here is how I set up KDE and QT.

Used cygwin installer to remove Qt 3.2.3 gcc2 and to install Qt 3.2.3 gcc3.
Downloaded and installed setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe.  Downloaded and installed
setup-kde-3.1.1-b1-devel.exe.  Downloaded and installed 3.1.1 updates 1-5.
Downloaded and unpacked kdebase-3.1.4-1-gcc3.tar.bz2,
kdelibs-3.1.4-1-gcc3.tar.bz2, kdelibs-3.1.4-2-gcc3.tar.bz2.  I then copied
the unpacked folders into their respective locations (etc, opt, usr).  I did
not uninstall any previous versions of KDE.

When I try to launch startkde.bat I get several more procedure entry point
errors from ksplash.exe and kdeinit.exe.  If you wish, I can provide those
details.

Have I not upgraded to 3.1.4 properly?  There, as of yet, seems to be no
documentation on upgrading to 3.1.4.

Previous to the upgrade, KDE 3.1.1 and Qt 3.2.3 gcc2 loaded and ran
properly.  The reason I tried an upgrade is because a compile of kopete
under 3.1.1 and Qt 3.2.3 gcc2 would fail with the message:

checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first.

Config.log would show something similar to the following in relation to the
error message:

expected i686 CYGWIN_NT-5.1 g++-2.95.* full-config no-opengl no-stl
got i686 CYGWIN_NT-5.0 g++-2.95.* full-config no-opengl no-stl

This was referring to kdewidgets.dll.  The following was in ./qt directory,
qt_plugins_3.2rc under [opt]
kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.dll=30203^e3^ei686 CYGWIN_NT-5.0
g++-2.95.* full-config no-opengl no-stl

I had hoped that error might be fixed if I upgraded to the newer version of
KDE, but doing so only seems to have made things worse.

Tyler Hepworth