KDE-Cygwin Setup Installation Problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Jan 10 02:10:19 CET 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 13:12, Chan Seng Loong wrote:
> hi...
>
> I having problem installing kde-cygwin... I used
> Cygwin setup.exe..... and I had tried both method of
> installation, which are install form internet and
> local directory...... none of these method succefully
> install the kde-cygwin..... the error are mainly can't
> open or locating the file.....

If you like to install kde 3.1.1 you should read
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/installation.php.
The main problem (we see) is the cygwin installer, which does not allow easy
selecting of groups for example. For the next kde-cygwin release we are
planning to release a cygwin-base installation programm, which contains all
necessary cygwin packages for installing kde. This cygwin base package will
be a copy of a regular cygwin installation using the right package..

Do you see any other problems ?

> However, I tried install cygnome (gnome for cygwin)
> and I find out no problem at all, the installation
> just perfect and everything went well.......
>
> I hope you guys can solve the installation
> problem..........

Cheers