.ICEAuthority file

mits-master at o2.co.uk mits-master at o2.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 16:38:26 CET 2004

I've recently downloaded KDE-Cygwin and am having problems.

When running the Start KDE icon from my desk top, the error message "DCOPClient::attachInternal.
Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason: None of the authentication
protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed".

I am most definatley a newbie when it comes to Linux / Cygwin, and have
been unable to locate ANY useful information on either the .ICEAuthority
file or the iceauth utility.

Can anyone help me get this up and running?

Heres hoping,

Mike Frith