kde on cygwin and artsc

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Feb 25 08:22:29 CET 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 20:13, Shay Gal-On wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile vprof, which is complaining that "the important
> program artsc-config was not found". Where can I find it :)

arts isn't supported for kde releases >= 3.1.4. You have several ways to solve
this issue depending on the used automake/autoconf releases.

1. try
	configure --help

if you find a line with
  --without-arts        build without aRts default=detect

you can call ./configure <your opts> --without-arts to disable arts support

2. If topic one does not work create dummy files for the arts applications
artsc-config and mcopidl using the following commands:
	true >/opt/kde3/bin/artsc-config
	chmod a+x /opt/kde3/bin/artsc-config
	true >/opt/kde3/bin/mcopidl
	chmod a+x /opt/kde3/bin/mcopidl

then reconfigure.

3. If you are familiar with the automake/autoconf build process you may remove
the lines in acinclude.m4

KDE_FIND_PATH(mcopidl, MCOPIDL, [$kde_default_bindirs],
[KDE_MISSING_ARTS_ERROR(mcopidl)])
KDE_FIND_PATH(artsc-config, ARTSCCONFIG, [$kde_default_bindirs],
[KDE_MISSING_ARTS_ERROR(artsc-config)])

After that you have to run

 make -f Makefile.cvs am

and then do a normal configure. Please note that this may requires detailled
knowledge about the automake/autoconf tool chain internals in case of
failures. (There are some unusable automake/libtool/autoconf combinations
known)