Scribus

Manin, Dmitrii Dmitrii.Manin at networkgeneral.com
Tue Dec 21 21:00:32 CET 2004

> You may checkout the newest qt cvs sources from kde-cygwin
> and recompile it.
> If the error is still existant, you may download the scribus
> source and recompile it too.
>
> Please report if you have success.

I replaced ld with the patched version and tried to recompile scribus from source.
I assumed that I don't have to recompile QT from source, since I installed it using
cygwin installer, i.e. it's already linked with patched ld.

Now, scribus compilation fails at link stage with a bunch of errors of the type

"variable <var> can't be auto-imported"

I tried to follow suggestions in man page and set environment variable

LDFLAGS=--disable-auto-import

or

LDFLAGS=--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc

before running configure. Both failed early during configure with a message stating
that gcc can't create executable files. Apparently, I just don't understand what I'm doing here.

Is there anything else I can try at this point without touching scribus source code?

Thanks

- M