Scribus

Manin, Dmitrii Dmitrii.Manin at networkgeneral.com
Sat Dec 18 02:35:51 CET 2004

Hi, all,

I installed KDE-Cygwin on the latest Cygwin over XP via Cygwin installer.
Then I downloaded the release sources of Scribus 1.2 (scribus.net).
Configure, make, and make install all went fine with no errors.
KDE works fine, Konqueror does what it's supposed to do.

However, when I try to start Scribus, I get a Windows popup saying

scribus.exe - Application Error.
The applicatoin failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005).

This happens regardless of whether KDE is running or not. Does anybody
know what I might have done wrong? Looks like something didn't link
properly. Might it be the "specially patched ld", vague references
to which I saw here and there? If so, where can I get instructions
on how to get and use it?

Thanks in advance,

- M