Qt/Win32 name

Chris January chrisjan at iomo.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 15:24:07 CET 2004

All interested parties:

For a while we have been calling our free edition of Qt/Windows by the names
Qt/Win32, Qt 3/Win32 or Qt 3 Win32. However I think it would be a good idea
to rename the project to reflect its free status and distinguish it from
Trolltech's commercial offering. So I'm after suggestions for a new name.
Trolltech permits third parties to use the Qt mark so long as you are "clear
and accurate as to the nature of the relationship between Trolltech and your
company, its products or services.". I'm thinking of something along the
lines of Qt/Windows Free Edition* (* this product is not released by
Trolltech AS or affliated companies). Suggestions and comments welcome.

Regards,
Chris