QPrinter_Win.cpp

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Fri Dec 17 09:56:59 CET 2004

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 03:57:42PM -0000, Chris January wrote:
> > > Somehow cvs diff (-u) does not seem to produce usable
> results for me.
> > > Bad luck.
> > Exactly what problems are you having with cvs diff?
> >
> > The qprinter_win.cpp file you sent has double line spacing
> which could
> > be a clue to the problem.
> >
> > We really would prefer patches in unified format since it's:
> > a) easier to see what's changed
> > b) easier to merge if someone else has changed the code as well
> > c) no error-prone cutting and pasting between files
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Chris
>
> It seems i identified (part) of the problem. qpainter_win
> patch should be ok now. As for the qprinter_win part i don't
> know for sure what the problems are (they were caused by the
> fact that i diffed under linux first but now I tried on
> Windows with newly installed tortoise cvs).
I'm afraid there are still problems. Both patches have double line spacing
and the qprinter_win.cpp patch is incorrect. If you look at the qprinter
patch you'll see it completely removes the original file and adds a new one.
This is probably because the two files have different line endings. I'll
wager the double line spacing is a problem with line endings too.

The original files are have unix line endings so try running your modified
files through dos2unix to fix them. You could also try forcing TortoiseCVS
to use unix line endings although I recommend you use Cygwin CVS instead to
minimise the risk of problems.

Chris