Ok to post user questions here?

Warren, Matthew (Retail) Matthew.Warren at Powergen.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 17:26:39 CEST 2004

I have also experienced

Can't open (null) for reading: no such file

Using the same downloaded package for install, I can re-attempt to
install several times and see this error at different points in the
install each time, or not at all.  ..  it's become a kind of 'wonder if
I'll see a null errror this time' kind of feeling whenever I install
cygwin.

I am attempting full installs, with all packages from the standard
cygwin mirrors, with all the KDE packages from sourceforge. 'Null'
problem just seems to pop up when it feels like it !

..but also, the install continues and I have yet to see a problem when
using cygwin that I can say is definitley caused by it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf Habacker [mailto:ralf.habacker at freenet.de]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 6:54 AM
To: For developers interested in porting KDE to Windows using Cygwin
Subject: Re: Ok to post user questions here?

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 01:44, James Bamford wrote:
> Is it ok to post user questions here..

Yes
> I've tried the forums but didn't
> register and i find mailing lists easier to track..
> I'm having problems installing KDE-cygwin on a 2nd computer.. I
already
> got it up and running a few months back on my main machine and have
just
> recently got it working nicely and so was keen to move across to
another
> machine with it..
>
> The machine that i've attempted to install it on is switched off at
the
> moment so i can get more detailed logs off it tomorrow..
>
> My main problem is the same as described on this forum post

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1090467&forum_id=85789

Do you have run a rebaseall ?
(http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-12/msg00023.html shows that this
type
of problem could be solved with rebasing)

> I also encountered this problem on install

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1078227&forum_id=85789

I will try to check this.