KDESDK dll Problem (Part two)

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Apr 27 16:54:12 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 12:51, Paul Bradley wrote:
> Hi.
>  I have downloaded and installed kdesdk-3.2.1-0.tar.bz2 using:
>  tar -C / -xjf kdesdk-3.2.1-0.tar.bz2
> Cervisia and Umbrello integrate into kde fine but when I try to run them I
> get the following error: 'The procedure entry point
> _ZN11QDataStreamC1E9QMemArrayIcEi could not be  located in the dynamic link
> library cygqt-mt-3.dll'. Does anybody have the same issue with kdesdk, and
> does anybody know how to overcome this 'dll' problem. I have installed KDE
> 3.1.1 and Qt 3.0.4.

This will not work.
> I have installed qt-3.2.3-3-gcc3.tar.bz2, kdebase-3.1.4-1-gcc3.tar.bz2 and
> kdelibs-3.1.4-3-gcc3.tar.bz2 the same as above. After installing these
> KDE/Cygwin itself has dll problems (procedure entry points) when trying to
> run (so I have problems upgrading to KDE 3.1.4).

You should uninstall all kde and qt package and than install kde3.1.4 with
qt-3.2.3-3 as stated on http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/kde/installation.php

> I have noticed that the size of the (old) cygqt-mt-3.dll that is installed
with KDE 3.1.1 is much larger than the (new) cygqt-mt-3.dll supplied with
KDESDK.

KDESDK contains no qt library. The qt library is located in the qt-3.2.3
package. It may be the the old qt dll contains debug symbols and the new not.

Hope that helps