Windows windows in taskbar

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Apr 20 18:11:15 CEST 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 15:31, Chris January wrote:
> I'm thinking of making a patch for kicker that will display normal Windows
> windows in the taskbar. I'm hoping this will allow kicker/konqueror to be
> used as an explorer replacement.
> Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Nice to hear from your :-).

Currently I'm very busy to fix some seg faults of the native qt port, so that
I can make a first beta release with a running designer/assistant and
linguist (still using cygwin for io, but native gui). Because of this I can't
help currently you, but I like to share some of my experience.

Beside the above mentioned topic, there are some more possible things to do:

1. include the explorer application links (Adding this application links to
the kded deamon database)

2. use the windows registry for retrieving file's extension and starting the
related application from kicker (I have a basic working code for accessing
the registry as qt application)

3. Add the explorer panels like system and network panel. (For this I have
done some basic research)

If someone is interested to get this stuff let me know.