install impossible!

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Apr 16 13:27:42 CEST 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 08:37, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2004 04:32, Robin Fairey wrote:
> > I'm attempting to install KDE for my copy of cygwin - the windows
> > installer is not available, the cygwin netinstaller fails half way
> > through
>
> downloading,
>
> If the download breaks while downloading a kde or qt package, this should
> be fixed now. There was a performance problem with the used sourceforge
> mirror (osdn.dl.sf.net), now we have switched over to heanet.dl.sf.net,
> which goes much faster.

Checked today morning again. This mirror is also slow today. The real problem
is that sourceforge has reduced the number of mirrors to 4  and 2 of them
only have very limited bandwith. After switching the mirror I've done a fresh
install of cygwin and kde 3.1.4 on a new win2000 laptop without problems.

The only issue i detected is that is required to run rebaseall after
installation like mentioned in installation hints on
http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/kde3/installation.php.