How to kill the kde process?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Apr 8 22:05:02 CEST 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 18:56, Alvyn Liang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I enter
>
> ipc-darmon2 &
> Xwin -multiwindow -clipboard &
> kdeinit
>
> in the command line, how can I stop the kde under this condition?
> I have tried to kill the processes, but they will restart again and produce
> error messages.

Create an additional script "stopkde" by copy and paste the following lines
into a bash shell.

cat >/opt/kde3/bin/stopkde
for i in `ps -s | egrep -i '(^k|dcopserver|xwin|ipc-daemon2)' | cut -c 4-7`;
do kill -15 $i; sleep 2; done

than press STRG-D to close the cat command

Now you can run
$ stopkde

to stopping kde processes. If there are not all kde related processes killed
(you can run ps -s before and after starting kde) you may add some process to
stopkde.