Koffice compiling problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Apr 3 12:43:31 CEST 2004

On Thursday 01 April 2004 01:41, Ralf Habacker wrote:
<snip>
> > You are encountering the kind of problems, I have described in
> > http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/kde3/compiling.php. As I haven't compiled
> > koffice until now, I can only give you a few hints.
> >
> > 1. Koffice isn't a beginner package. If you are new with compiling kde
> > packages you should choose another single application package.
> >
> > 2. Make sure, you are using a koffice version which is compatible with
> > kde 3.1.4. There are some differences between kde 3.1.4 and kde 3.2.
> >
> > 3. If you are using a cvs source don't use the head release, because they
> > can have errors. checkout a release using a specific tag for example
> >
> > cd <koffice-src>
> > cvs update -r KOFFICE_1_3_RELEASE
> >
> > 4. koffice requires several external libraries which has be installed, if
> > it is already released as a cygwin package or compiled otherwise.
> >
> > 5.  The described errors requires some analysis because there could be
> > more reasons. You can use
> >
> > make CXX="g++ -save-temps"
> >
> > to create a <src>.ii file contains the output of the preprocessor and a
> > <src>.s with the assembler output. The .ii file is usefull for debugging
> > of missing symbols or unknow compiler errors.
>
> 6. if you encounter missing symbols, it often help to add most recently
> used libs like
>
> make LIBS="-lkdecore -ldcop -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lICE -lSM"
>
> Then you don't have to add this libs to each Makefile.am.

7. Forgot one important thing. cygwin does not distinguish filename case,
which means in your case, that the line

#include <koSpell.h> in koBgSpellCheck.h

uses kospell.h from the current directory instead the file koSpell.h
from ../kospell, so you have to change the above line into

#include <../kospell/koSpell.h>