Koffice compiling problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Apr 1 01:05:37 CEST 2004

On Sunday 21 March 2004 11:14, Gharti wrote:
> Dear Ralf,
>

> Thank you for your help. That problem was solved, but unfortunately I
> encountered with other errors. I am bit afraid whether this problem is not
> related to kde-cygwin. I would be grateful for any helps.

You are encountering the kind of problems, I have described in
http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/kde3/compiling.php. As I haven't compiled koffice
until now, I can only give you a few hints.

1. Koffice isn't a beginner package. If you are new with compiling kde
packages you should choose another single application package.

2. Make sure, you are using a koffice version which is compatible with kde
3.1.4. There are some differences between kde 3.1.4 and kde 3.2.

3. If you are using a cvs source don't use the head release, because they can
have errors. checkout a release using a specific tag for example

cd <koffice-src>
cvs update -r KOFFICE_1_3_RELEASE

4. koffice requires several external libraries which has be installed, if it
is already released as a cygwin package or compiled otherwise.

5.  The described errors requires some analysis because there could be more
reasons. You can use

make CXX="g++ -save-temps"

to create a <src>.ii file contains the output of the preprocessor and a
<src>.s with the assembler output. The .ii file is usefull for debugging of
missing symbols or unknow compiler errors.