profile.d for qt3-win32

Dave Brondsema dave at brondsema.net
Mon Sep 1 12:48:30 CEST 2003

I was following the compiling instructions for qt3-win32 on a new computer.  The
cygwin installation is very recent and does not have an /etc/profile.d directory
so I had to create it.  Also, /etc/profile did not seem to process
/etc/profile.d/qt3-win32.sh correctly because the export statements didn't take
effect.

/etc/profile from the new cygwin installation had this:
/bin/find /etc/profile.d -iname '*.sh' -type f | while read f; do
  if [ -f "$f" ]; then
    . "$f"
  fi
done

/etc/profile from an older cygwin installation had this (which I used and works):
for i in /etc/profile.d/*.sh ; do
  if [ -f $i ]; then
    . $i
  fi
done

I don't know what the problem is, but the compiling docs should be updated to
reflect this change.  Also, it would be nice to say that you can run the
tutorials without debugging output like this: "./t1.exe &>/dev/null &"

--
Dave Brondsema
dave at brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net - personal