Apps compile&run with Qt-Win32!! Screenshots too :)

Juan Linietsky coding at reduz.com.ar
Fri Oct 24 18:44:23 CEST 2003

>> It actually works for the most part, but some issues
>> are not working:
>>
>> -QActions dont seem to be working, F5/F6 and many
>> other shortcuts are assigned
>> as QActions, which dont work either if i press the
>> proper keys, press the
>> button in the toolbar, or select the same item from
>> the popup menu. None
>> works.

>I'll check that!!!
>Could you send me a sample to test this, if that isn't
>so much annoyance!!!

Ahh upon further investgation, it is not that the QActions
dont work, but that i'm not being to get the data
from the proper QMainWindow inside the MDI frame,
as the "active window" cant be set or retrieved...

You can see this behavior by yourself at:
qt-3/examples/mdi , which shows what is happening.
It's a very strange/weird behavior, as it seems to be
creating a regular "windows" window and then putting
the contents inside the mdi viewport. I think that it may
be because QMainWindow doesnt allways create a toplevel,
but may be placed inside a workspace.

>> -The file manager is broken, doesnt display files
>>

>I have seen this in widgets samples, but for now i
>have on clue!!!

I'll see if i can take a look. By the way, I know this is Qt/Win32,
but how Win32 will it be? Is the file dialog supposed to work
like the windows one? or the posix one? I guess that ultimately
both will be supported, but I wonder which is the aim..

>> -pressing alt+anyletter causes windows to go "bing".
>>

>"bing"??? what do tou mean???

The windows sound "Bing" which happens
when you are supposedly doing something
you cant.

>> -Overal, the drawing speed is very slow (this is on
>> a K6-2 400). Evenf if
>> I reroute stderr to /dev/null
>>

>I think this is beacause we are running in DEBUG, even
>when you redirect stderr to /dev/null, for a simple
>repaint many info is written, so this cause that
>drawing speed was slow!!

Ah, i'll try disabling qDebug to check the speed.. should be interesting.

Well, now that i have my windows comptuer set up with cygwin, i
hope i can be of more help testing out apps.

Thanks!

Juan Linietsky