Information about problems making kde3.1 cyygwin run. Solved

Marcos Martínez\(ya dev\) mmcostadev at ya.com
Fri May 9 01:48:41 CEST 2003

The scripts that start kde 3.1 under CYGWIN had some problems in my enviroment:

a) %CYGWIN_ROOT% is not defined, so it must be defined in the begining of the .bat file (set CYGWIN_ROOT=c:\cygwin, for instance )

b) When KDE is starting, there is an autentication problem that avoids it to run. That is because it makes

SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0

instead of

DISPLAY=:0.0

c) It deletes bad the last used DCOPserver file at user home. Myu user is called Marcos.

if exist %HOME%\.DCOPserver_LOBEIRA__0 del %HOME%\.DCOPserver_LOBEIRA__0

Where LOBEIRA is my windows host name, and at the end, instead _127.0.0.1_0 there is __0 due to change commented in b)

Just with this, it works all fine for me.

Thanks.