Trying to build Quanta...

George Vilches gav at creolmail.org
Tue May 6 00:37:33 CEST 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build Quanta (a KDE web development tool) on top of Cygwin
with the new KDE3.1.1beta packages, with a little trouble.  I'm pretty
sure I've got the correct paths for ./configure because it's stopped
complaining about include problems (the only flag I'm currently providing
is a --with-qt-dir=/usr/kde3, a link I'm pointing to my current KDE 3
installation), but I get this on the console:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (library qt-mt) not
found. Please check your installation!

And in config.log, I get this:

configure:19384: rm -rf SunWS_cache; g++ -o conftest.exe -O2
-fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -I/usr/kde3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT   -L/usr/kde3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib   conftest.cc
-lqt-mt -lpng -lz -lm -ljpeg   -lXext -lX11 -lSM -lICE  -lpthread 1>&5
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot find -lqt-mt

I've looked in the directory where the library would be, and all I see is
this:

George at rikku /cygdrive/c/Program Files/KDE3.1/lib
$ ls -al libqt*
-rwx------+   1 George   None          122 Mar 10 20:13 libqt-mt.dll.lnk
-rwx------+   1 George   None          613 Dec 16 08:23 libqt-mt.prl

So, am I missing something blatantly obvious?  I've been reading for a
while the different list archives, but I admit that some of the
information seemed cryptic to me, so I could not determine if it was
useful to my situation.

Thanks for any help you can provide, this is one of the last things I need
to do to be able to use KDE for most everything I do on my Windows machine
(and get rid of Dreamweaver, PITA that it has been these last few weeks).
George