confirmation qt3.1 RC1+gcc3.2, was: RE: RE: Qt-win32: nothing appears when program runs

Axel Naumann kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 15:27:02 +0100

Hi,

 > > 2.95.x instead?)
 > >
 > > I have recognized segfaults using gcc 3.2 on uic (cygwin port).
 > > May be it works for the other parts.
 > >
 > > Chris, which compiler are you using ?
 > I am using gcc 3.2

I got qt3.1 built with gcc 3.2. uic segfaults because Qt::white is not
imported properly from libqt; I enabled the .dll.a out-implib and set
--export-all-symbols (I edited the Makefile by hand, but it's supposed
to go into cygwin-g++/qmake.conf). I believe the .dll.a is not
necessary, but the --export-all-symbols is, so try adding
-Wl,--export-all-symbols to your cygwin-g++/qmake.conf's QMAKE_LFLAGS var.

This also means: Confirmation for qt3.1 QT_CYGWIN_3_1_0_RC1, after
adding the above mentioned LFLAGS and correcting the libqui symlink
(test: Started designer). I used ./config-thread with -enable-opengl. I
had to cygwin-install libpng1.2-devel to get png.h (there seems to be no
libpng-2-devel).

Congratulations!

Cheers, Axel.

PS: Sorry for the missing XRef header in the email, I had to cut and
paste...