Qt-win32: nothing appears when program runs

Chris January kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 02:16:41 -0000

> I compiled qt2-win32 from sources (downloaded CVS today), and when
> I run any executable, the window pops up but nothing is drawn on
> it, it stays empty. If I close the window using the button on the
> title bar, the windows disappears but I don't get back the prompt
> in the terminal (using cygwin). I really have to CTRL-C to get back
> to the prompt.
>
> I'm using Windows2000, cygwin, and gcc-3.2 (should I use 2.95.x
> instead?)
The CVS sources should be working now. The tutorials work to one degree or
another. Some crash on segfault, some paint child widgets in the wrong
place. Some paint to the screen instead of the window. You can play
cannonball but it's kind of interesting because timers don't appear to work.

Regards
Chris