uic error compiling kde app

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Tue Jun 24 22:04:18 CEST 2003

> Hi all,
>
> I just installed the first update for KDE-3.1.1 beta 1, but during the
> ./configure process for a KDE application I get this error:
>
> checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
> configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first.
>

> The following command completes succesfully:
> /opt/kde3/bin/uic -L /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer -nounload -impl
> actest.h actest.ui > actest.cpp
>
> But the resulting actest.cpp file doesn't have the "klineedit" include
> (everything else seems fine). That missing includes breaks the
> ./configure process.
> (See "if test -f actest.cpp && grep klineedit actest.cpp" line in
> admin/acinclude.m4.in)
>

> After some investigation I might have found the cause. I removed ~/.qt
> and restarted the cygwin shell. This time, the uic command (see above)
> gave an error message:
> Conflict in /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.dll:
>    Plugin uses incompatible Qt library (3.1.2)!
> at the position where the klineedit include should have been...
>
> According to qtconfig and kde apps, they were using Qt 3.1.0 ...

Whic uic version are you using ? The error let me assume that you have also
installed a qt3.0.4 release or similar. You can get the version of the uic with:

$ uic -version
User Interface Compiler for Qt version 3.1.0

qt stores the plugins pathes in ~/.qt/qtrc. May be it contains an additional
path.
If this does not help let me know.

Cheers