Help needed kde-devel 3.1.1

Jeff Owen jefflynne at btopenworld.com
Sat Jul 26 11:01:48 CEST 2003

Thanks Ralf, I have started working my way through this process and have
built qt3.  I am now completely stuck with glib-2.2.1.  I get this error:

/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link gcc-2 -g -O2 -Wall -o
libgobject-2.0.la -rpath /opt/gtk/lib -version-info
200:1:200 -export-dynamic -no-undefined gboxed.lo gclosure.lo genums.lo
gobject.lo gparam.lo gparamspecs.lo gsignal.lo gsourceclosure.lo gtype.lo
gtypemodule.lo gtypeplugin.lo gvalue.lo gvaluearray.lo gvaluetransform.lo
gvaluetypes.lo ../glib/libglib-2.0.la -lintl
*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
../glib/libglib-2.0.la.
*** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

I have tried searching the web and found references to this problem, which
seems to be a known problem with cygwin/libtool. I think you have also made
reference to it as well.  However, I haven't found the patch and I can't get
round this,

Sorry to be a pest
Jeff