cvs problem => impossible to compile

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Sat Jul 19 22:49:17 CEST 2003

> Hello
>
> I think there's a problem on the CVS repository
>
> I imagine in qt-3/include directory on the cvs
> repository there are a lot of sym links, however when
> i perform a checkout or update, i don't get those
> symlinks
>
> as a result my qt-3/include and qt-3/include/private
> are empty !
>
> => i can't compile qt3

try

make -f Makefile.cvs

before configuring. in the qt3 compiling page this is documented. in the
qt3-win32 compiling this step wasn't documented until now.

> so to pass through this difficulty, i've copied those
> sym links from x11 package qt3.1.2
> Further more, when i've compiled, i've met problem of
> headers:
> in /qt-3/mkspecs/cygwin-g++/qplatformdefs.h impossible
> to find sys/ipc.h and sys/shm.h

The cygipc package is installed in the /usr/local tree. I've added this path to
qmake.conf instead of using links. Please update your checkout sources.

$ cat mkspecs/cygwin-g++/qmake.conf
<snip>
QMAKE_INCDIR		=	/usr/local/include
QMAKE_LIBDIR		=	/usr/local/lib
</snip>

If you encounter any problems, please report to this list.

Cheers