KDE-cygwin news from the linuxtag

Dave Brondsema brondsem at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 17:16:59 CEST 2003

--- Ralf Habacker <Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
> But this doesn't matter, if you take a look into the qt/win32
> roadmap on
> http://cygwin.kde.org/qt2-win32/roadmap.php you can see that
> we are currently in
> stage 2 of the porting. So we can say that, Richard Lärkäng
> has introduced this
> stage. Whow !!
>
> I'm very impressed by this. As Holger has started the qt2
> port, I have thought
> about how this port should go to miminize the steps and the
> needed efforts, but
> I haven't thought that step 2 would be started at only half a
> year after the qt2
> port and how far the results already are.

The roadmap seems to indicate that we want to complete (or
nearly complete) qt2/win32 before getting into qt3/win32.  Is
that correct?  I am sure that they are closely related and a lot
of code can be shared.  But I don't see much of a reason to work
on qt2/win32 at all.  Certainly some programs are written for
qt2, but not many any more... and if they are, it would probably
be better to make them qt3 programs.  Qt 3 was released almost 2
years ago (Oct 2001).

=====
Dave Brondsema
dave at brondsema.net