KDE2 problem...

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:35:40 +0100

> > >DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network
> > >socket
> >
> >Make sure, you have installed kdelibs-2.2.2-b1-p2.tar.bz2. This contains a
> >fix relating to the dcopserver problems.
>

> According to the cygwin setup, I already have both kdelibs.2.2.2-b1-p1 and
> kdelibs.2.2.2-b1-p2.  I assume that it gets automatically installed in the
> right place?
>
> I tried reinstalling that patch and rebooting, but I still had the same
> problem.

Try to strace the dcopserver on the first machine with

1. stop all kde related applications
2. try
$ strace -o dcopserver.log dcopserver --nofork

3. Do the same procedure with the other

4. Than try to find out if there significant differences especially for opening
files
$ cat dcopserver.log | grep  " open:"

You will see a list of files which has been open.

5. If this does not help send both zipped log files the this list.

$ bzip2 dcopserver.log

Ralf