qt-3 build error...

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:05:25 +0100

> Hi, i am trying to build qt 3 from a fresh cvs checkout of HEAD,
> and it ends up giving this error:
>
> Administrator@RVSIBM1 ~/orig/qt-3
> $ . config.cygwin-thread
>
> This is the Qt/X11 Free Edition.

> generators/makefile.h:42:25: qtextstream.h: No such file or directory
> generators/mac/pbuilder_pbx.cpp:40:18: qdir.h: No such file or directory
> generators/mac/pbuilder_pbx.cpp:41:19: qdict.h: No such file or directory
> generators/mac/pbuilder_pbx.cpp:42:21: qregexp.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [pbuilder_pbx.dep] Error 1
> qmake failed to build. Aborting.

Do you have done a make -f Makefile.cvs before like described in topic 4 of
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3/compiling.php ?

> can somebody tell me what i am doing wrong or what the error is?
> (i need this, so i can play around with kde 3.1 ;-) )
>
> btw there seems to be something wrong in the doc/man/man3 dir on the
> cvs server,
> there are a lot of collosions with a fresh checkout in this directory, i guess
> this is because of the same filenames written in different capitalizations and
> windows having problems with this.
> so perhaps we should delete all the filenames, that contain capital letters,
> as they are only "links" to the real files with content, which have lower-case
> names. (or is there just something broken in my local setup?)

This issue has been already fixed some weeks ago in the QT_CYGWIN_3_1_BRANCH.

See http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/source/structure.php#qt3_cvs_structure

The only branch i haven't missed is the mainch branch, which i have fixed yet.

Thanks for pointing out this problems with the main branch.

Regards
Ralf