[Vircol-adm] RE: Looking for virtual Open Source teams for study.

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:03:19 +0100

> We have set up the questionnaires for six developers, is it three and
> not six active members? If that is the case, it is OK, but we then need
> to know which users that is. Currently we have set questionnaires up
> ready for all six developers listed on SourceForge, but if the other
> three are inactive, we can remove them. Please reply as soon as possible
> as to whether we should include all six or tell us which three we should
> narrow it to.
> (We are starting to send out invitations to the first questionnaire
> round tonight.)

Ralf Habacker
Holger Schröder
Chris January

> > Relating to my above mentioned questions and the faq we would like to
> > 1. get some feedback about the study results and out position in this study
> > 2. what we can make better and
>
> If I understand you correctly, this is something we will have to get
> back to when we have had time to analyze the data. You will certainly
> get some feedback, but we cannot make any promises regarding how much
> feedback we can give, due to the volume and workload of the study.
>
> Another issue is how deeply we can present results to the team while
> keeping trust with the individual participant. All the data will be
> confidential, but if ALL from your group agree to have the results
> presented to the other team members, we can be fairly open with the
> results.

Currently I have no idea, how this results looks, so we have to speak and decide
when the results are available.

> > 3. it would be nice if we can get something like a quality certificate about
> > your testing areas (members and processes, others ?)
>
> I am not sure I understand what you mean here. Would you like us to
> present a quality certificate that say that we are qualified to do this
> kind of testing, or would you like us to certify your group?
>
> The system we are using is a Norwegian version of the established SYMLOG
> system. Our guiding professor is certified to do this type of analysis.

I mean the second. If these results are good, then it seems to me good for
public relation work.
also thanks for this additional info.

Ralf Habacker