QApplication::processNextEvent

Chris January kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 22:38:05 -0000

> >As far as I can tell, on Windows, QApplication uses a window procedure to
> >process events, rather than doing so in QApplication::processNextEvent.
> >I'm going through qapplication_win32.cpp at the moment and will post my
> >results when I've finished. After that I'll take a look at that QPixmap
> >stuff.
> >

> normal windows programs do this, that is right (i am not a windows
> programmer normally, but the book
> from petzold says so...), but i somehow have to get the windows messages
> and translate them into qt events.
>
> that works fine for me now, but if you think something should be done in
> a better way, feel free to do so...
>
> btw i just committed my work of today, now all mouse events are working,
> update and try tutorial/t1...
Well Mac and X11 platforms have internal functions to process messgaes:
    int              macProcessEvent( MSG * );
    int              x11ProcessEvent( XEvent* );
whereas Windows doesn't. I believe from this we can deduce that Qt on
Windows uses a window procedure to process messages instead of a
win32ProcessEvent method or in processNextEvent as you are doing at the
moment.
I might try moving the stuff from processNextEvent to a window procedure at
some point.

Chris