Win2k/KDE/XFree86: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)"

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:29:49 +0200

> After I installed KDE (using the manual procedure since
> setup reported errors while downloading), I started
> getting errors whenever I started X or a program that
> tried to X. The following Windows dialog pops up:
>
>  <appname>.exe - Application Error
>  ---------------------------------
>  The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).
>  Click on OK to terminate the application
>  [[ OK ]]
>
> I found that replacing the original files that had been
> replaced via kde-x-1.3.tar.bz2 fixed the problem, and
> that even if I copied just libX11.[dll,a] back from
> kde-x-1.3.tar.bz2, the problem resurfaced (of course,
> without the new libraries, KDE fails since it requires
> the shared memory extensions).

I remember that at one specific cygwin release all dll's must be have set the
executable bit otherwise the application couldn't be loaded.

Perhaps that helps.

Regards
Ralf