Win2k/KDE/XFree86: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)

Gerald S. Williams kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:01:38 -0400

Oops. Sorry about the last subject line...

I wrote:
> vim.exe if I try to start Vim (compiled for X), which first
> checks to see if X is running.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^--- I'm not sure if this is
                                   true--the DLL is probably
                                   auto-loaded anyway. :-)

> In order to get some more data, I did a checkout of the
> latest XFree86 (xc), defined UseCygIPC in host.def, and
> rebuilt X with SHM support. I'm installing it now and
> will let you know how it goes.

Oddly, vim works with the new build, but when I try to
start X with the new build, xinit gives the application
error now. It sounds like the problem is somehow related
to CygIPC. (The SHM dependencies may have changed, which
would explain why XWin.exe and vim.exe aren't failing.)

-Jerry