qt 3.1 port planing

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 01:24:54 +0100

> On Tuesday 26 November 2002 05:06 pm, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > > Good NEWS! I got everything to compile and link.
> >
> > What about qmake. Does it work ?
>
> Yes, from what I can tell.
>
> I'd like to get my changes into cvs so others can take a look at it.

It seems that I'm forced to change my waiting call. :-)

Please rename the __CYGWIN__ and __CYGWIN  references in
qmake/generators/unixmake2.cpp into CYGWIN_TEST and
check in your changes you have requested yesterday.

$ cd <your checked out qt-3 dir>
$ cvs ci -m "first changes"

> How should that be done? Another branch?

I think it is not necessary to release more than one qt 3.1 releases, so the
snapshots and rc candicates could be checked in into the same branch.

Please import the new snapshot of the qt sources (probably rc2 ?) on the branch
QT_IMPORT with a tag name qt_3_1_0_rc2, so that you can build a diff.

If you don't know how to, see below.

$cd <your qt-3-snapshot>
$cvs import -m "QT 3.1.0 rc2 Release" qt-3 QT_IMPORT qt_3_1_0_rc2

$ cerate a diff file
$ cd <your checked out qt-3 dir>
$ cvs diff -ubB -r qt_3_1_0_rc1 -r qt_3_1_0_rc2  | tee qt310_rc1_rc2.dif
$ patch -p0 <qt310_rc1_rc2.dif
$ cvs ci -m "update to qt3.1.0 rc2"

> > > Bad news, is that many of the executables seg fault when run.
>
> > Send the file <executable>.exe.stackdump to this list or start such an
> > application with gdb to see whats goes wrong.
>
> Actually this is part of the symlink issue I discussed on cygwin. Some things
> need to be fixed so that make doesn't symlink .dll files.

That was desribed in one of my last mails relating to the qmake created
Makefiles.