qt 3.1 port planing

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:57:23 +0100

> > > Ok, I actually took the pristine qt-3.1.0-rc3 source code and started the
> > > porting process to cygwin.
> > >

> > > Good NEWS! I got everything to compile and link.
> >
> > You mean, you have configured for a cygwin-g++ platform and have all the
> > stuff without errors ?
>
> Correct. The problem is all (just verified) .exe generated seg fault
> when run.

Can you send a stackdump file to this list or a gdb backtrace ? Then I can a
little more to this.

> There is also the symlink name issue I posted about on cygwin.

I have heard some time ago, that the cygwin symlink should be compatible to the
windows symlinks, but the runtime linker seems to ignore this.

Additional it seems that this release also does not create propper cygwin based
Makefiles like I stated before. So patching of this is still required. I will
see, perhaps I have some time in the next days for this, if there isn't anybody
else, who can fix this.

Ralf