qt 3.1 port planing

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:52:58 +0100

> On Monday 18 November 2002 11:33 pm, Robert Collins wrote:
> > Just use
> >
> > cvs -z3 up -Pdkk
> >
> > Then $ID: ...$ becomes
> > $ID: $ and it will merge ok
>
> It was more then that.
>
> Some (all?) files did not have an $Id$ tag, so it had to be added. To resolve
> the conflict.

The qt 3.1.0 rc1 release is from anoncvs.kde.org and in the opposite to older
release they have removed the the cvs tag before importing, probably to avoid
tag problems in generally. The kde-cygwin qt-3 cvs content contains cvs tags (at
least $ID$), so that this cause the conflict.

> Other has, as stated above, $ID .... $, those has to be converted.
>
> I couldn't find a way to do it all with cvs or rcs commands, so I
> brute-forced it with perl.

That sound good, can you send this perl script to this list, so that I can add
it to the cvs tools dir for future requests ?
Additional I've tried this, but without success, so I'm interessted to seen how
this works. :-)

Thanks for you help

Ralf