qt 3.1 port planing

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:25:42 +0100

> If someone like to join this task (or will take this task) let me know.

I think I should tell about the whole story, what to do with this port and who
will do this. If anyone feel comfortable about doing a topic please answer to
this thread.

1. apply the changes of the qt 3.1 release in relation to the qt 3.0.4 port.
This will produce some conflicts.
$ cvs co -r QT_CYGWIN_3_1_BRANCH qt-3
$ cd qt-3
$ cvs update -j:qt_3_0_4 -j:qt_3_1_0_rc -Pd

2. Then the cvs merging problems has to be fixed. One often problem is, that the
kde-cygwin sources uses $ID:$,
the qt-copy from kde does not, so that the merge produces conflicts like this.

<<<<<<< qclipboard.cpp
** $Id: qclipboard.cpp,v 1.2 2002/06/08 17:44:20 atomice Exp $
=======
**

This has fixed into

** $Id: qclipboard.cpp,v 1.2 2002/06/08 17:44:20 atomice Exp $

Does anyone have a perl (-e) script for this or does anyone know a better
solutions perhaps on the update command let me know. Then this must be checked
in on top of the QT_CYGWIN_3_1_BRANCH branch.

3. Check if the patches we have already done are working, especially with
	- general configuration (like the trap problem Bo encountered)
	- the qmake port 		(This was the question I've asked Chris and for which I have
done an initial patch,
					but needs some header fixing; see topic 2)
	- dll generation 		(missing headers or so)
	- application compiling

Note: topic 2. must be completed

4. If all is compilable, check if the applications are running
	In case of errors debug applications.

5. If all is running make a snapshot binary package , so that other users can
report bugs or problems.

6. If all goes well, we can migrate to gcc 3.2 and release this as binary.

Any comments ?

Ralf