qt3 from cvs failes to compile

Martin Fuchs kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:48:56 +0100

Hi Bob!

> Createing qmake. Please wait...
> In file included from ../src/tools/qfileinfo.h:43,
> =09=09 from ../src/tools/qdir.h:43,
> =09=09 from generators/mac/pbuilder_pbx.cpp:40:
> ../src/tools/qdatetime.h:43:43: qnamespace.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from generators/mac/pbuilder_pbx.cpp:50:
> ../src/tools/qdir.h:45:25: qwindowdefs.h No such file or directory

Since I ran into the same problems some time ago, there should be somethi=
ng=20
like a FAQ entry?  ;-)

If you check out qt from CVS you have to first issue an
'make -f Makefile.cvs'. This generates the missing symbolic links to the=20
header files.
The next step is to configure with the correct options. You can use the s=
cript=20
config.cygwin. If you want so, you can enable Threading by replacing=20
'-no-thread' with '-thread'. This seems to be needed for KDE.
The next problem I had was linking. If it's missing the Library libld.a, =
you=20
can create a symbolic link to /lib/libcygwin.a in /lib or /usr/lib. This=20
fakes the ld library. Alternatively you can also remove the -ldl option f=
rom=20
mkspecs/cygwin-g++/qmake.conf.

The cvs conflicts seem to be known already, as Ralf noted. Perhaps could=20
somebody resolve them?

--=20
Martin Fuchs
martin-fuchs@gmx.net