Qt 3.1.0

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:14:36 +0100

> I've tried to compile the Qt 3.1.0 beta under cycwin.
> Starting with the original version from Trolltech I had to tweak it a bit.
> Attached is a diff file with the adjustments.
> I could sucessfully compile it in the "-static" mode.
> However I have problems to link it as shared object (aka DLL).
> For example, when linking the image format plugins, the cygwin ld complains
> about missing functions like QString::upper() and some more...
> Although this functions ARE compiled and present in the qstring.o
> object file.
> The problem is: They are not propperly exported from the DLL. I also found
> the "__declspec dllexport"-declarations in class QString. So - what's the
> problem here - why doesn't export ld this functions?!
>
> Since you have manged to successfully build Qt 2 (and may be 3.0.4 ?),
> asking for some help here.

qt 3.0.4 is alread ported to cygwin and the easiest way I can see seems to be
like the following:

1. check out the recent qt-3 source from the kde-cygwin cvs area.
2. Create a diff file between the original 3.1.0 and 3.0.4 sources and apply
this diff on top of the checked out sources. (Note: The original 3.0.4 sources
are already in the kde-cygwin cvs area)

BTW: If you have got this running, let us know.

Regards

Ralf