I get an interesting thing lookign at it from XP

inventor-thinker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 23:03:16 -0800 (PST)

--0-2099158998-1040022196=:71857

Hi I'm a newbie to KDE and cygwin and basically to LINUX in most aspects in general. I have a box or two, and have played around with it and so forth.

Anwyays, my question, is i lo0k in process in WINDOWS XP and i see like 9 kdeinit.exe's IS that needed?? WHAT the heck is that?? each taking about 10,000 Kb of memorry.... scary....

CPU time reached 100%

Also is there away to make KDE run a bit faster, I'm on a 1.6GHZ comp... and well, it seams like I'm running KDE off of some kind of 400 Mhz with 32MB's of memory.

Another thing, how can i switch to windows style tasking like the buttons and stuff, not used to KDE style.

LAst thing, i can't seam to run startx & . IT dies on me.. however if i run startxwin.bat it works, but should I wait for KDE to startup, is it automatic? because when I run startkde, it says IPC has started.. and then ehcka knotifies are seen in process and there are tons of multiples which die off and i can see warnings.

Other than that, I would have to say, I'm getting more impressed with cygwin and KDE. At least it works, and it looks like graphically as good as my phatlinux box set at highest configurations.

I would like to help on this project also, tell me what i need to know?

Thanxs.. any help would be appreiciated.

--0-2099158998-1040022196=:71857

<P>Hi I'm a newbie to KDE and cygwin and basically to LINUX in most aspects in general. I have a box or two, and have played around with it and so forth. </P>
<P>Anwyays, my question, is i lo0k in process in WINDOWS XP and i see like 9 kdeinit.exe's IS that needed?? WHAT the heck is that?? each taking about 10,000 Kb of memorry.... scary.... </P>
<P>CPU time reached 100%</P>
<P>Also is there away to make KDE run a bit faster, I'm on a 1.6GHZ comp... and well, it seams like I'm running KDE off of some kind of 400 Mhz with 32MB's of memory.</P>
<P>Another thing, how can i switch to windows style tasking like the buttons and stuff, not used to KDE style.</P>
<P>LAst thing, i can't seam to run startx &amp; . IT dies on me.. however if i run startxwin.bat it works, but should I wait for KDE to startup, is it automatic? because when I run startkde, it says IPC has started.. and then ehcka knotifies are seen in process and there are tons of multiples which die off and i can see warnings.</P>
<P>Other than that, I would have to say, I'm getting more impressed with cygwin and KDE. At least it works, and it looks like graphically as good as my phatlinux box set at highest configurations.</P>
<P>I would like to help on this project also, tell me what i need to know?</P>
--0-2099158998-1040022196=:71857--