FW: [kde-cygwin - Help] kbuildsycoca problem

Waldo Bastian kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:21:09 +0100

On Monday 02 December 2002 08:11, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Hi Waldo,
>
> In the last time users got this message. Any idea, whats going wrong ?
> Ralf
>
> > this seems to be installing fine with the debug procedure. . .until i run
> > into problems with kded and kwin.
> >  after the line in the debug procedure on debug page after kwin &
> > where it should tell me I have exec_new notify from klauncher it instead
> > says ERROR<KServiceFactory>unexpected object entry in KSycoca database
>
> <type=2949197>
>
> >  what's going on?

You managed to break ksycoca somehow :-] Each sycoca entry starts with a
type-id that identifies the kind of object that follows. See the KST_ enum in
ksycocatype.h

294919 is clearly not a valid type. Somehow you have corruption in your sycoca
database.

Cheers,
Waldo
--