Drive View in Konqueror

Chris January kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:59:21 +0100

> > I've added this in and committed the changes. Perhaps you could test
them
> > for me - my kde-cygwin install is totally broken at present.... :-)
> I have checked this. It works well except of two thing:
>
> 1. If one selects the floppy symbol without a floppy, konqueror tried to
read
> the floppy in a loop  which could only be stopped by closing konqueror.
Ther
> should be a timeout or a number of tries limit.
Yep - this is in the open bugs list on the SF tracker. I haven't had time to
track it down. I did add some code which detects a missing disk - but this
is unreliable for some reason (e.g. it works for my zip drive, but only
sometimes for floppy drive). I will take another look at this.

> 2. Network shares doesn't work:  "Do do not have access rights for this
> location", while entering this mounted drive from the bash shell works.
If it's using the correct path (/cygdrive/X), then I can't think of a way to
solve this problem.

Regards
Chris