Drive View in Konqueror

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:19:35 +0200

Hi Chris,

while the most of my time spent for kde is currently in
analysing performance issues and preparing the kde 2.2.2
release (kase and libs), I have found some time to look at
your konqueror drives patch, which looks very
nice.

One problem I have recognized is that you have chooses a
static /cygdrive/ prefix for the mount point, which
fails it the cygwin user has changed this.

The functions I have found this is:

void KonqDrivesModule::addTopLevelItem( KonqTreeTopLevelItem
* item )

I have identified, that the method
"mount_info::get_cygdrive_info (char *user, char *system,
char* user_flags)!" in cygwins src/winsup/cygwin/path.cc
file contains the related registry accesses.

  reg_key r2 (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, KEY_READ, "SOFTWARE",
	      CYGWIN_INFO_CYGNUS_REGISTRY_NAME, CYGWIN_REGNAME,
	      CYGWIN_INFO_CYGWIN_MOUNT_REGISTRY_NAME,
	      NULL);

  int res2 = r2.get_string (CYGWIN_INFO_CYGDRIVE_PREFIX,
system, MAX_PATH, "");

So my question is, can you fix that ?

Thanks for answering

Ralf Habacker