Glaxnimate KDE Review

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed May 1 21:09:02 BST 2024

On Wednesday, 1 May 2024 14:43:55 CEST Mattia Basaglia wrote:
> Review checklist:
> https://invent.kde.org/graphics/glaxnimate/-/issues/666

Hi Mattia,

Slightly out-of-scope of the regular review checklist, I'm building glaxnimate
on FreeBSD with KF5. The use of submodules and bundled libraries is a bit
unusual. I didn't expect submodules, and a plain "cmake" without them got me a
weird message about a missing misc/ directory.

Anyway, *with* submodules, FreeBSD, Clang 17, it builds with remarkably few
warnings; one in Qt-Color-Widgets, and a couple of cast warnings in image
wrangling. Casting pointers to uchar to something else is always fraught.

Man, that splash screen is something. Suffice to say: it builds and runs
somewhere where you possibly didn't expect it.

[ade]