Usage of KF5/KF6 in targets and CMake config files outside of Frameworks

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 10 04:24:40 GMT 2023

Heiko Becker wrote:
> while looking at a MR for libkcddb (part of Gear) I wondered if the
> transition from Qt5/KF5 to Qt6/KF6 could be used to get rid of the KF5/6
> prefix in target names and CMake config files for libraries that aren't
> acutally part of Frameworks.

Huh? This kind of transition is exactly where the prefix is most valuable,
because it ensures that you get a compatible version of the library, i.e.,
that you do not accidentally get, e.g., a version of KF5Cddb when you are
looking for KF6Cddb.

Plus, it makes things easier when libraries move into Frameworks later.

        Kevin Kofler