RFC: an improved ki18n_install

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Mar 7 12:12:44 GMT 2023

Am Dienstag, 7. März 2023, 02:51:06 CET schrieb Aleix Pol:
> Having ninja/make do this dependency generation can end up being more
> work than worth it because then we need to have a static list

Such static list could be generated by scripty when it updates the po/ folder
and stored there, no? Which then could be sourced by the ki18n_install cmake
code in some way.

I'd urge to use the existing tools like make/ninja as much as possible instead
of reimplementing their logic partially and maintaining a non-integrated sub
buildsystem, with all the shortcomings and fails.

Thanks for working on this in any case, the current state is far from ideal.

Cheers
Friedrich