XWayland Video Bridge in kdereview

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sun Jun 18 21:22:48 BST 2023

Hey,

> First it should go through kdereview, then I'd suggest starting to
> release it with Plasma 5.27 in one of the minor releases. I don't
> think it's something we have done before but it doesn't add new
> dependencies and it has an impact in our product offering which is,
> incidentally, frozen due to the switch to *6.

With my Debian hat on: Please make sure nothing depend on this new application
for 5.27.
Background: We successfully could convinced the Debian release team, that it
is safe to ship new minor Plasma releases to Debian stable with the result
shipping 5.27.5 in bookworm (released some days ago). The main reason was that
the minor releases are only bugfix releases and no new features are added.
If you do not break this rule, that we can ship the minor releases to bookworm
(without XWayland Video Bridge, as no new applications are allowed).

Regards,

hefee