Gitlab update, 2FA now mandatory

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Oct 24 10:10:03 BST 2022

On Montag, 24. Oktober 2022 01:37:23 CEST Kevin Kofler wrote:
> In short, the 2FA requirement is unacceptable and needs to be disabled
> immediately.

You are the only person in this thread (on kde-core-devel) who has voiced
their disagreement with using 2FA and who demand its immediate deactivation.
Why do you think a single person (you) who isn't tasked with keeping our
infrastructure and the data stored thereon secure should be able to decide
this?

I for one applaud the requirement to use 2FA on invent. I would love to see
this on more websites.

And, for what it's worth, since invent keeps personal information and since
the GDPR requires using state-of-the-art technology to protect personal
information, using 2FA is, in my opinion (but I'm not a lawyer), a must for
any website that stores personal information.

Regards,
Ingo