KJournald in KDE-Review

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Wed Oct 12 07:51:41 BST 2022

On Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2022 03:56:03 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
[...]
> Then I'd recommend to only make it public API when the time comes. :)
>
> +1 to making it optional instead, if it makes your life any better.
> That said, when we've needed this kind of flexibility in the past, we
> have often ended up splitting the repository into a separate one, not
> sure it would make sense here.
>
> Also it would be useful to know what your plans are. :D

Hi, just added such an option.

My goal is to eventually split the library part out from the application as
soon as it makes sense. At the moment there are still sometimes changes to the
library API/moving parts that are not fully polished yet.
The full story is that I started with the library, then noticed that  my
reference app to show how the API can be used has a lot of value as its own.
So the focus right now is to make something for end users and later on to look
at finalizing the library abstraction.

Cheers,
Andreas