Docker CI Image Change Freeze

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Nov 29 09:15:33 GMT 2022

Hi all,

As an update to this, sufficient changes have been made within Craft that
it is now possible to build Qt 5 images so i'm releasing the freeze for
those images.
Qt 6 remains broken, and therefore remains frozen at this time (see
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-images/-/jobs/619808)

As mentioned previously, I believe this to be a CMake bug given the lack of
change in Ninja.

At this stage I would suggest investigation be focused on either upgrading
to a newer version of Ninja that can handle the newer version of CMake, or
downgrading CMake back to an older version that is compatible with Ninja
being built without re2c being available.

Qt 6 CI will be globally disabled in 2 weeks time if this remains unfixed,
as dependencies move quickly and I'm not in favour of retaining parts of
the CI system which cannot be rebuilt.

Regards,
Ben