KPipeWire in kdereview

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon May 30 18:51:20 BST 2022

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 3:44 PM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El dilluns, 30 de maig de 2022, a les 14:55:55 (CEST), Aleix Pol va escriure:
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to get KPipeWire (https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kpipewire)
> > released from KDE eventually.
> >
> > At the moment it's under Plasma as it's the only place where it's
> > being used, I know we might want to use it in spectacle eventually,
> > although I feel like it's premature to get it in frameworks just yet,
> > although it should be a possibility down the line.
> >
> > If you wanted to test it beyond what Plasma does, you can try this
> > little app for recording your wayland desktops and windows.
> > https://invent.kde.org/apol/screenrecord
>
> It needs a Messages.sh

Added

> This signal is never emited?
>   void cursorModeChanged(Screencasting::CursorMode cursorMode);

Addressed.

> This property NOTIFY signal is wrong?
>   Q_PROPERTY(QString outputName READ outputName WRITE setOutputName NOTIFY uuidChanged)

Addressed.

> The 3 signals in ScreencastingStream are never emitted?

they are emitted from ScreencastingStreamPrivate, the overriden
methods from the qtwayland generated code.

> PipeWireCore header is installed but not exported. If you export it, it will need a d-pointer

Not installed anymore.

> PipeWireSourceItem is exported but has no d-pointer

Not installed anymore.

Left it to only install PipeWireSourceStream for now, which is the one
that is useful when you don't want to do QML.

Aleix