Git merge workflow: reverse it?

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Tue May 10 14:33:44 BST 2022

On 5/10/22 04:15, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>> https://manifesto.kde.org/commitments/
>
> I don't see anything in there that would force the same merge workflow on all
> KDE projects. In my view the merge workflow is comparable to the coding style.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

I don't think anyone is trying to force anything; rather, the proposal
is to get voluntary consensus around standardizing on a single workflow
(whatever it is) so that we all individually reap the benefits of
consistency by not having to remember two workflows, look up which
workflow a project uses, etc.

Personally I don't care which one we standardize on, but I am in favor
of voluntarily and communally standardizing on one of them.

Nate